You’ve pinned countless images of invitation suites on linen backdrops to your “Dream Wedding” board, and you’ve lost track of how many ring shots featuring pretty velvet boxes adorned with florals are saved on your Instagram. Now you’re wondering if you’ll receive styled detail shots like these of your own.
The answer is absolutely! But who is responsible for gathering all of the necessary styling props? What if there’s not enough time to photograph all of the details on your wedding day? And how can you be sure that your detail shots will match your overall event design?
Review both of our checklists below to discover the answers to all of these questions (and a whole lot more)!
To Do Before “I do”: Pre-Wedding Day Details Checklist
1 | Prior to your wedding day, compile and send a stationery package to our team. Receiving your *invitations prior to your wedding allows us time to practice arranging your stationery suite so that no extra time is needed to style your invitations on the big day. This way, when your actual wedding day arrives, all we need to do is add flowers to your pre-arranged invitation layout! Here’s what we need to make it happen:
- 3 copies of your invitations—We need three copies so that we can shoot every paper good in one photo, especially if any of your stationery pieces are double-sided. Then an extra copy incase something gets dirty.
- Customized stamps (if you will be using them)
- Invitation envelopes featuring calligraphy or printed addresses—Pro tip: If you plan to share your invitation images on social media or would like to pursue publication after your wedding, but would prefer for your and your guests’ addresses to remain private, ask your calligrapher to mock up one “dummy” invitation with a fake address for photography purposes. Do include envelope liners if you’re using them. Do not include post marks or mail markings on the envelopes you send to us.
- Wax seals (if you will be using them)
- Other paper goods—Inserts, place cards, menus, etc.
2 | Send us an email with your florist’s information. We will contact your florist and ask them to set aside a few extra flowers that we can use for detail styling. No pulling apart of the bridesmaid bouquets required!
3 | Send us an email outlining your design board. We need to know about your linen colors, floral design board, bridesmaid dress colors, and overall color scheme. We will use this information to customize a styling kit just for you and ensure that all your detail photos seamlessly match your wedding images!
4 | Order and set aside an extra welcome box so that we can photograph it (and all of the fun, branded details inside). If your welcome boxes arrive early enough, feel free to send us one in advance for pre-wedding styling.
5 | If possible, have your ring cleaned right before your engagement session and wedding day. The extra sparkle and shine will really show in close-ups.
6 | Optional: Order a customized Mrs Box to display your ring. We of course have plenty of ring boxes on hand, but it’s always extra special to include a custom box of your own.
*A quick note about invitations: We often see invitations that don’t reflect the couple’s overall wedding colors and design. So that your invitation images match the rest of your wedding photos, we recommend sharing your color scheme and event design inspirations with your stationery designer. This will ensure that your invitation shots don’t look out of place with the rest of your images.
The Big Day: Wedding Day Details Checklist
We value detail shots as much as you do and will make sure that plenty of time is allotted for photographing them. Here are the items we will ask you to provide us with on your wedding day:
- Wedding bands
- Engagement ring
- Any jewelry you’re wearing (earrings, necklace)
- Wedding favors
- Welcome box (if you didn’t already send us one prior to the wedding)
And there you have it—all the details you need to know about creating the perfect detail shots on your wedding day. The result of following these checklists? Detail shots that perfectly match every single wedding photo you receive. Now…let’s start styling!